every year since I started doing weddings,
i have found that by the end of november,
beginning of december
my train of thought is
i know that most of my weddings don't have to be done for Christmas.
i allow 20 weeks for editing time
because I work full time as well
AND i have learned the hard when my husband had his motorcycle accident
that life can sometimes throw you a curve-ball...
a rotten horrible but-could-have-been-worse curveball
RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING OF WEDDING SEASON.
but the truth is...i want to be able to give people their discs before Christmas.
i know they would like to use them as gifts and cards...
so i really, really, really try to get them done before Christmas if I can.
it's not always possible, especially with the weddings that occur in October or later.
but I still try....
which results in me stressing out, working a full day at my day job and coming
home to edit for 4-5 hours in the evening, plus all weekend...
and my mentality starts to be
"just get through December. just get through. just power through. just get through December".
and i hate being like that.
i love Christmas.
I don't want to "power through" it anymore....(insert whiney voice here)
so i made myself a list (yes, i am a list person, ok!) :)
a list of little things to make sure i do this december...before it's gone...
MY "DO-NOT-POWER-THROUGH-DECEMBER" LIST
Dec 1-Jan 1
not in any particular order
- watch the grinch (the cartoon...not the movie...i hate the movie)
- wear christmas t's (smurfs, etc) on fridays
- photo session with pets (with props!)
- drink hot chocolate with marshmellows
- put up tree
- decorate mom & dad's tree (try to steal big bird ornament)(get foiled once again)
- listen to christmas music
- bake cookies
- watch elf
- drive around to see christmas lights
- go visit each of my brother's to see their trees
- make a gingerbread house
- make a christmas card
- cut out paper snowflakes
- get christmas pjs
- watch a muppet christmas carol
- make a snowman
- eat a meatpie
- visit inlaws
- eat a candy cane
- make popcorn garland
- watch miracle on 34th street (the newer one...i love that one)
- watch charlie brown christmas
- shoot a wedding on NYE (kind of cheating, already had one booked) :)
- drive out to the country to look at the stars
- Stirling's family for Christmas Eve
- have a paper snowball fight
- have coffee at least once with the bffs
- go shopping with my mom
- go to the farmers market in summerside
- watch a muppet family christmas --watch out for the icy patch!!
- write my new year's resolutions and pick my "word" for 2016