we had big plans for the yard when we bought this house about ten years ago.
and then life got in the way and thwarted all our plans.
we are resilient and persistent though.
we are giving it another try... today was like an episode from a reality game show...like...create a garden using ONLY WHAT YOU HAVE.
which consisted of:
- 9 concrete blocks that didn't match
- an old wood stove that was rusting with one broken plane of glass
- 3 open bags of dirt with varying amounts left of peat, top soil and supersoil
- some awesome free hostas a friend sweetly gave us
- a spade, a shovel and a rake.